- Posted by Cody Maltias
- On February 15, 2017
- 0 Comments
I realized I could easily edit the previous year’s post, but I did not want to lose the evolution of the list over the years. 2 books I read this year made it onto the list, and I want to see how much my selection suffer from a recency bias. That said I have trimmed the list down significantly. The original list had 21 books and now we are down to 16. Leaving more empty space will hopefully mean students are seeking out there own learning resources more often and spending time with material that stokes the flames of there passion for the sport.
White Belt :
- The Art of Learning – Josh Waitzkin
- The Fighter’s Mind – Sam Sheridan
- Jiu-Jitsu University – Saulo Ribeiro
- Tools of the Titans – Tim Ferris
- Grit – Angela Duckworth
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Steven Covey
- Way of the Peaceful Warrior
- Drill to Win – Andre Galvao
- Coaching for Performance
- Anti-Fragile – Nasem Taleb
- Siddhartha – Herman Hesse
- With Winning in Mind – Lanny Bassham
- 48 Laws of Power – Robert Greene
- Leadership from the Inside Out – Kevin Cashman
- Tao Te Ching – Lao Tzu
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance – Robert Pirsig
For resources I’ve stuck to much of what I used in the previous year’s edition. I’ve become obsessed with finding any good striker and following their instagram and that has payed a lot of dividends Bazooka Joe has a great instagram account and the accompanying youtube channel is gold so check those out for sure.
Until next year….